Mobile Works acquires Magnetic Studios Posted on


Mobile Works acquires Magnetic Studios and becomes the first mobile marketing company with its own “technology lab”

Bucharest, February 12, 2013. With an extremely rapid evolution on the local market, one year after its launch, Mobile Works consolidates its market position and acquires Magnetic Studios. Mobile Works becomes in this way the first mobile marketing agency with its own technology lab created specifically for a constantly-evolving market.

“Last year’s performance of Mobile Works confirms us today that we could hardly think of an integrated communication strategy without including mobile marketing. From now on, we will continue our work next to a valuable partner, Magnetic Studios, and together we will offer our clients a basically unlimited variety of mobile marketing solutions,” says Veronica Savanciuc, President & CEO, Lowe group.

Magnetic Studios has a team of 15 specialists, most of them with a more than five-year experience, their area of expertise being programming and research. Magnetic Studios will work as a technology lab for Mobile Works. The main focus will be developing native mobile applications for the iOS and Android systems, Augmented Reality projects, and also mobile website optimization.

“Technology, with its amazing evolution, becomes a key factor which will support the market growth in areas where we now can barely think of. For us, it is essential to deliver our clients a well grounded and flawless execute communication solution. This can be only achieved by mixing the strategy and creative services with the development and implementation ones. And Mobile Works it’s the only mobile marketing agency which offers this kind of package today,” explains Alex Putineanu, Managing Director, Mobile Works.

Mobile Works acquired 70% from Magnetic Studios, the management of operations being run from Ionut Grigorescu, who owns the rest of 30% of shares.

“More than development, we will also lead research programmes (R&D), that will help us to find that unique solution which is tailored to the specific needs of our clients and it is also technologically groundbreaking. The mobile marketing it is now booming. We have ambitious plans together with our partner,” says Ionut Grigorescu, Managing Partner, Magnetic Studios.

Launched on February 2012, Mobile Works reports a revenue of 1,2 million RON and has developed projects for clients such as Altex, Austrian Airlines, Bayer, Beck’s, Bergenbier SA, Crucea Rosie, Farmaciile Dona, kika, Orange, Praktiker, Stella Artois, Staroperamen, Stillago and Unilever.